Pinterest

12 April 2013

TGIF

What's better than TGIF?
When you have the day off.  It's a happy.
I love being home.....and I enjoy the rain we've had.  The lawn went from brown to green after just one day of the rain.  My perennials are cropping up everywhere.  It's a pleasure watching everything coming back to life.  We've had a good winter but now it is time to love spring.

This spring is a special one for me.  I am retiring on May 10th.  I hadn't been thinking of retiring but then one day it occurred to me.....it's time.  And from that moment I have drifted in and out emotions of knowing I am close to a life change and I am looking forward to it.

As the days go by, I'm having melancholy thoughts.  So many years.  It began 4.26.65 when I started working as a co-op at Blue Cross.  I remember the day I went for my interview.  It was raining.  I was nervous.  Going to downtown Detroit for an interview at Blue Cross at their main office on Jefferson Avenue....wow.  And I got the job.  So, I went to school in the morning and worked in the afternoon.  It was a balancing act but it worked for me.  I worked in the Medical Department, working with R.N.'s and clericals.  I met so many wonderful people.  And as fate would have it, I was re-united with someone I went to first and second grade with at Guardian Angels Catholic School in Detroit.  And we have remained best friends to this day.  ♥

I stayed with Blue Cross for 15 years before working at a local hospital where I am retiring from after 32 years.  You know, work is work.  But.....it's really much more than that.  It is about the experiences.  The memories.  And it is about the people.....and those that you become close to.  The ones that you are going to miss desperately.  And this is where my thoughts are focused on as these last days go by.  I am already missing these special people immensely.  My eyes well up with tears.  Of course my routine is going to change.  I am not having any regrets, because I know it is time.  I am ready.  I  have worked so long and it is all I really know.  But I will miss these people that have become such a part of me.  We will stay connected, but it will be different.  Remember high school graduation time?  All the promises about staying friends.  And then what happened?  Everyone scattered....going their own ways.  It's how it is.  But with retirement, in a time with so much media connection available to us, I know I will stay in touch with these special people.  Yes, it will be different, but I'm up for it.

As the next four weeks wind down, I will drift in and out of melancholy moments - this I know.  But it's my time to move forward into my next chapter.  And I am excited.

For now...TGIF.
Have a great weekend everyone.




No comments:

Little B

Little B
Little B holding bridesmaid's bouquet, Busia's front porch

Believing

No one sees the stars during the day, but that doesn't mean they aren't there.
we don't remember days
we remember moments

1925

1925
My historical home ♥

Autumn

Autumn

Winter

Winter

Spring

Spring

Summer

Summer

The Outbuilding

The Outbuilding

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie

Sophie
My very special companion. We found each other in August of 2006. It was one of those things when you truly know you found the right dog for you and that the dog felt the same way about you. And that was the beginning. I love coming home to my Sophie. She is still so much puppy, but I know how quickly the time goes by when the years aren't kind to dogs, so being a puppy for as long as possible is fine with me. She is loving and oh so affectionate. A true cuddler.

Bob

Bob

Bob

Bob
Here is my tailless cat. His best friend is Sophie. Watching both of them is so much fun. I hadn't expected to get another cat at the time I was at Petco looking at the fish. Then I heard that there was a pet adoption going on. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love cats. So of course I had to wander over. I looked at the adoptees and my eyes fell on Bob. I asked to hold him and that was all it took. He loved being held and of course he was acting as charming as possible. I said "Wrap him up." Off we went to the car and headed home. Bob doesn't so much like to be held like he did that first day. But that is ok. He is my little buddy. He is very happy living with me and Sophie, but not so much Chloe. He pretty much keeps out of Chloe's way and when he forgets, she reminds him. Trust me, she does. :-)~

Chloe

Chloe
This is my darling little kitty that has been with me for a very long time. She loves only me. Unfortunately her mom cat did not take her prenatal vitamins and Chloe suffered because of it. She has been blind for a very long time. The amazing thing is it is hard to notice it. She gets around wonderfully. Sometimes I get sad when I think about it because she can't see how I love her. But she feels it. She knows I love her and accept her for who she is - even when she is a little grumpy (don't we all have those kinds of days I ask?). God blesses our animals and sends them to us to make life just that much better. On 9.16.09 - Chloe left our little family to return "home". I miss her very much, but am comforted because I know she is with Daisy, Dumplin and Andrew - and can once again see as she roams in God's Home. This little cat will always be in my heart. Hugs and kisses to you, My Dear Little Chloe. I am so thankful for our time together. xoxo

Gibby

Gibby

Gibbs

Gibbs
Gibbs is one of the most affectionate cats I have ever had (and there have been many). He joined my family in June 2015. He, like Bob, is a Manx, which for both of them, do not have tails. Gibbs loves to cuddle and is pretty much my little shadow. He was pretty low key the first year, but has evolved into a very active kitty. He explores constantly. I am so thankful we found each other. I love him to pieces.